What are the Myths about Masturbation?
Masturbation does not result in negative short or long term physical effects on health. It does not affect fertility or cause sexual dysfunction such as erectile dysfunction [impotence], female sexual dysfunction.
Here are a number of common myths about masturbation that are not true. These misconceptions include the following:
- Masturbation causes hair to grow on the palms of the hands.
- Masturbation causes blindness.
- Masturbation permanently reduces the quantity and quality of sperm.
- Masturbation leads to mental illness.
- People who are in healthy sexual relationships do not masturbate.
- Masturbation permanently/slowly reduces sexual performance.