In this Article you will learn almost every basic thing related to Anxiety Disorder. This is one of the most neglected but serious conditions.
Anxiety disorders include generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety, and panic disorder. When anxiety symptoms rush into anxiety attacks and panic attacks, it may be an anxiety disorder. Anxiety attacks and panic attack symptoms can be treated with special medications and psychotherapy.
Meaning of Anxiety:
This type of disorder is a serious mental illness. For people who have one, worry and fear are constant, and can be disabling. But with treatment, many people can manage those feelings and get back to a normal life.
Anxiety disorders are different, though. They can cause such distress that it interferes with your ability to live a normal life.
Everyone feels anxious now and then. To a point it’s a normal emotion. Many people feel nervous when faced with a problem at work, before taking a test, or making an important decision.
Symptoms of Anxiety Disorders:
It depends on the type of anxiety disorder, but general symptoms include:
- Problems sleeping
- Feelings of panic
- Shortness of breath
- Cold or sweaty hands or feet
- Not being able to be still and calm
- Heart palpitations
- Numbness in the hands or feet
- Heart palpitations
- Muscle tension
Types of Anxiety Disorders:
There are several kinds, including:
- Generalized anxiety disorder: This is excessive, unrealistic worry and tension, even if there’s little or nothing to provoke the anxiety.
- Panic disorder: People with this condition have feelings of terror that strike suddenly and repeatedly with no warning. Other symptoms of a panic attack include sweating, chest pain, palpitations (unusually strong or irregular heartbeats), and a feeling of choking. It can feel like you’re having a heart attack or “going crazy.”
- Specific phobias: These are intense fears of a specific object or situation, such as heights or flying. The level of fear is usually inappropriate to the situation and may cause you to avoid common, everyday situations.
- Social anxiety disorder: Also called social phobia, this involves overwhelming worry and self-consciousness about everyday social situations. The worry often centers on a fear of being judged by others, or behaving in a way that might cause embarrassment or lead to ridicule.
Cure of Anxiety Disorders:
Panic & Anxiety Disorders:A psychologist or psychiatrist can determine whether you have an anxiety disorder, and what treatment can help.
Living & Managing:Through treatment, you gain more and more control over an anxiety disorder. By developing good coping skills, you have a better chance of preventing future anxiety attacks.
Basic treatment lies with in the fact that you should adopt a more healthy and natural life style. The two main treatments for generalized anxiety disorder are psychotherapy and medications. You may benefit most from a combination of the two.
Also known as talk therapy or psychological counseling, psychotherapy involves working with a therapist to reduce your anxiety symptoms. It can be an effective treatment for generalized anxiety disorder.
Several types of medications are used to treat generalized anxiety disorder, including those below. Talk with your doctor about benefits, risks and possible side effects.(such as ‘Antidepressants, Buspirone and Benzodiazepines’)