Following is the description of a pathological disease known as “Sinusitis”
What is Sinusitis?
Sinusitis is the inflammation of the nasal sinuses. Normal sinuses are filled with air usually. And when they become blocked and filled with fluids, it lets the germ to grow and cause an infection.
Types of Sinusitis:
Acute Sinusitis: It usually gets started with cold like symptoms such as a stuffy nose and facial pain. It may last for 2-4 weeks.
Chronic Sinusitis: Chronic sinusitis with same symptoms as acute, lasts for about 12 weeks or longer.
Symptoms of Sinusitis:
Sudden pain in Forehead especially in the glabella (area between eyes). Severe pain in upper teeth area, stuffy nose mostly face feels full.
- Facial pain: In sinusitis sinuses gets filled with mucus and gets inflamed. When you bend or when muscles contract it causes pressure in these sinuses which results in facial pain.
- Nose filled with mucus: These inflamed sinuses causes to produce a lot of mucus which gets leaked constantly in the nostrils which is why nose is always filled with mucus.
- Can’t smell anything: Most of the times when nose is runny it’s filled with mucus blocking nasal receptors which results in the loss of sense of smell.
- Persistent cough: Mucus released gets in the way of nasal passage which causes cough.
- Temperature: Temperature of body may rise.
- Fatigue in the body: You will feel constant state of tiredness and laziness in your body and the desire to stay in bed all day.
- Teeth ache: Pain in maxilla of he skull is very common it slightly above teeth.
How to Diagnose Sinusitis?
It’s more likely if you have,
- You’ll feel swelling deep inside the nostrils.
- Blockage of the ducts
- Narrowing of the ducts
- Inflammation of nasal mucosa.
- Disturbed immune system.
For children, things include:
- Simple allergies
- infections from other kids at school
- Cold bottles drinking
- Passive smoking
Even if you’ve diagnosed the disease, still you need to go to the doctor for proper medications.
- Wash your hands frequently. A good hygiene can always prevent such infections to happen.
- Get a flu shot yearly. One of the most important point.
- Eat a well-balanced diet and get regular exercise. Good diet prevents many diseases and disorders in a human body.
- Quit smoking. Say good bye to smoking if you are a smoker.
- Use a humidifier. Live in a humid environment to prevent for the growth of such infections.
- Don’t overdo the antibiotics. Listen to what your doctor has to say about the medications and obey.
- Use a saline nasal solution. You either buy it from a market or make it in your home by adding salt in the water. wash your nasal passages with it regularly.
- Try a neti pot. It has been used from a long time and is proved to be effective.
- Keep your windows closed. Allergy proof your house.
- Fight dust mites. Take good care of cleanliness in your home.
Cure & Treatment of Sinusitis:
- Nasal passages should be flushed
- Use bromelain.
- Take steam regularly.
- Be hydrated, drink a lot of water.
- Eat spicy foods that may open up the nasal sinuses.
- Take good care of hygiene.
- Use a humidifier.
- Do not use antibiotics without specialists advice.
- Use a mask.